Jipelec RTP/RTA Furnaces
The workhorse solution for a wide range of RTP/RTA applications with premium features and capabilities.
Jipelec JETFIRST systems are compact and robust halogen lamp heated rapid thermal processing systems specifically designed to meet the requirements of research and small-scale production units with substrate size ranging from pieces of sample to 300-mm diameter. The JETFIRST benchtop design allows a quick and easy installation in the lab facilities. Its user-friendly operating interface is clearly structured and ensures for starting and using of the system in a few hours.
- Single-wafer RTP furnace for process engineering and qualification
- Cold-wall metal chamber design
- High-performance crossed lamp technology
- Atmospheric or vacuum thermal treatment
- Gas introduction capability (any precursor)
- Rapid Thermal Annealing (RTA) and Contact alloying
- Rapid Thermal Oxidation (RTO), deoxidation, and nitridation (RTN)
- Rapid Thermal Diffusion (RTD) – e.g. Spin-on Dopant
- Sulfurization, selenization and crystallization
- Structural and mechanical stress relaxation
- Printed metal contact firing
What is Rapid Thermal Processing?
Rapid Thermal Processing (RTP) is a semiconductor manufacturing process which provides a way to rapidly heat samples to high temperatures to perform short processes on a timescale of a few minutes maximum.
Such rapid heating rates are performed by high intensity lamps (e.g. near-infrared light sources – Tungsten-halogen lamps) controlled by pyrometer and thermocouples that measure the sample temperature. Cooling must also be perfectly controlled to prevent dislocations and sample breakage. Rapid Thermal Processing was originally developed for ion implant anneal but has broadened its application to oxidation, silicide formation, chemical vapor deposition, and advanced applications such as modifying the crystallographic phase of elements, compounds or alloys to enhance properties, lattice interface or stress relaxation. RTP is a flexible technology that provides fast heating and cooling to process temperatures of ~200-1300°C with ramp rates typically 20-200°C/sec, combined with excellent gas ambient control, allowing the creation of sophisticated multistage processes within one processing recipe.